About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
My very own beauty diary sharing my thoughts and reviews on makeup & all things beauty related.NC35/NC40 rec.

Followers

Friday, October 29, 2010

October Favorites/Recap/ plus Jersey Shore Snooki inspired look.

I love October guys! Texas State fair, Halloween, cute pink stuff for Breast Cancer Awareness month & much much more. I also like this time around the year because after Halloween, there's Thanksgiving & we just get closer to the holidays!


















Big Tex, I think he's about 52 ft tall.

















This year I went to the State Fair 5 times! I can't believe I did, but I love the food too much haha


Foods I tried/had at the fair this year LOL:

-Fried ice cream *my fav, I get this every year*
-Roasted Buttered Corn w cajun seasoning
-Turkey Leg
-Cheese tator fries
-Texas shaped nachos w. fajitas
-Chicken Fried Bacon *Just bacon  fried in chicken batter*
-Crawfish sausage on a stick
-Funnel cake
-Fried Pizza
-Fried lemonade
-Fried oreos
-Frozen sweet tea
-Bbq brisket sandwich
-- that's all I remember. I shared all of them w friends or w my bf, I did not eat all of that by myself haha.
























My niece Jayda.






















Thai on his first ride ever =).



















Chicken Fried Bacon w Honey mustard. It was yummy!! Sounds like it would give me a heart attack though lol.



















Funnel Cake.



















Fried Pizza








































TX VS OU game outfit =). Hook emm!

October Favorites



















1. Boots expert sensitive light moisturizing lotion- I have no problem with this at all. The Clean & Clear Oil Free Dual Action broke me out.  This is very light and does not make my face feel greasy or sticky at all. I just don't like that it comes in a twist-off cap & not a pump. It's kind of a hassle. I think the bottle is going to last me for quite awhile though. So far, I will be sticking to this and will buy again.
2. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer- Ahh I love this, soo smooth and I like how it doesn't break me out or leave my face oily. Worth my $30. 



3. Rimmel London's Stay Matte powder in Sandstorm- This reminds me of a cheap version of MAC Select Sheer pressed powder. Very sheer and light. The color is more for like NC35-ish skintones but since it's so sheer it doesn't really make my face look white. I just brush one coat all over my face. I don't like the packaging either. It feels like it's going to break or something. Gotta be careful with it.


4. MAC blush in Angel LE- I got this at a CCO last yr. I'm sad that I fell in love with it when it was too late to go back and get a backup. Color is like a soft girly pink. I say it's like a sister to Well Dressed blush. I like to use this on an everyday look if I don't wanna go for a neutral peachy color like Melba or something like Blushbaby. I was looking for a pink that's wearable during the daytime or just a very soft pink to give my cheeks a lil glow. Angel, like its name..makes you look like an angel afterwards =). I can't do a swatch, camera won't pick up!


5.Maybelline's Falsies mascara- A lot of people don't like this, but this stuff works for me.It kind does makes me look like Im wearing falsies. I can imagine someone with full lashes using this. They wouldn't need to apply false lashes! I have really straight short lashes that's hard to curl too. I can even use this for my bottom lashes which is a big plus. This is wayy better than CG lashblast. I wanna try the Colossal one though. This is my HG mascara for now.


6. Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Please- My babyyy. I've been neglecting all of my MAC lippies b/c of this one. Perfect pink for me. I did like Born with it, til I notice all the shimmer it has in it. For a night out look, I'd go for Make Me Pink.


7. Neosporins Lip Heath Lip Therapy- After 3 days, I really did see results. You gotta keep using it at least ONCE a day. Preferably before bed or before you apply makeup, so by the time it time for you to put on your lippie..your lips will be smooth and ready =). I'm very happy that I don't have to worry about crusty chapped lips anymore. Ive been looking for something that works just like how Ive been looking for good skincare stuff for my face. I think everyone should try this! Another great stocking stuffer for my girlfriends. I hope they don't read my blog haha mentioned so many stuff that I'm going to stuff in their stockings.


8. Sonia Kashuk Circle of Hope Kabuki brush- The pink bristles caught my eyes. I was going to get the brush set but I already have the bamboo set that's similar to it. I like to use this for my setting powder or on the go brush. I wish there was a retracable one of this. Silver & pink too =).


9. Pink & Black Love & Beauty brush from Forever 21- I got this b/c I needed my own hair brush. Tired of looking for one around the house everyday. I love that it's black & pink. Those are my fav colors. I have this as a favorite b/c Ive been using it everyday of course & I lovee it. I wanna go get the other one now. $3.50 ish I think?







Did you guys go to your State's fair this year? What did you do & eat? 

&

What are you guys dressing up as this year? 

I hope everyone has a good & safe Halloween weekend! Looking forward to seeing everyones costumes/looks & October favorites. Loves ya =)/

12 comments:

Expensive Pink said...

U look gorgeous girl!

Alexa P. said...

The Texas State Fair looks so awesome - all that fried food looks so yummy! How did they fry lemonade?! Your son looks adorable as Russel from UP, one of my favorite movies ever :) As for my halloween costume, I just did a post on it - I'm going to be a cat! The makeup was so much fun to do ♥

babycakez0426 said...

hey girlie! mmm you made me wish the rodeo was here already!! thats the only time we have all that delicious food!! i cant wait to stuff my face!! and for your october favs i really want to get the falsies! u rate it? from a 1-10? an that stay matte think idk if im allergic to it! if u read on my latest blog i have like an allergic reaction either to the powder or the foundation i had been mixing together but when i mess with my makeup i had been applying the foundation that way an nothin happen but when i put powder on i broke out with bumps! like rash but u cant see it but u can feel them n im thinkin it was the powder bcus i put some on my neck as well an i have some there too so i threw it away! lol

Jasmine said...

looks like u had a blast at the fair, but fried lemonade? i cant even imagine that...oh and by the way....BOOMER SOONER!!!!GO OU!! :)

Blanca1018♥ said...

Wow! lots of fried food BUT they all look soo yummy.. The state fair is here in Arizona right now and it's making me wanna go just for the food!

Your son looks adorable as always!

I love your outfit with the boots and all.. not many can pull it off and look cute :D

Snooki costume is gonna be soo popular this year! I luv it!

xoxo
Blanca
http://blanca1018.blogspot.com/

Mei said...

Wow you look so gorgoues! Love the Snowwhite costume ^___^
Unfortunatelly the country I am from doesn't celebrate Halloween :(

Kristin Leigh said...

Hey girl, omgosh a cute blog! Cute babies too =)

Love the costumes!

xx
kristin

Vyile said...

YOU ARE AN EXCEPTIONALLY BEAUTIFUL SNOOKIE!...thanks for following my blog..and if you read the update on my facebook..it says I am getting more gift cards tomorrow and tuesday:)

Miss*Kimmy said...

Awww, Thai looks super cute =)
Too funny how we have both been Snow White!
And you nailed the Snooki look, although you're much prettier!

Toni Tralala said...

AAAH! SNOOKIE! :)) I have a friend who dressed up as Snookie this year. lol.

Anyhoo, I went to Knott's Scary Farm this year and ate a funnel cake. :) I've never heard of a fried pizza! Talk about clogging your arteries, eh?

The costume looks great on you! :) I was a 20's flapper for Halloween and my husband was a mobster. :)

Lyricallyness said...

AWW Honey you're such a Doll! So pretty :)

Andrea. said...

Your son looks so adorable. And you look gorgeous in all your pictures! I need to try Pink Please. I bought born with it I loved the shade but way too much shimmer like you said. Great post hun all that food looked yummy at the fair my fav was the fried chicken and bacon.