About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
My very own beauty diary sharing my thoughts and reviews on makeup & all things beauty related.NC35/NC40 rec.

Followers

Friday, April 9, 2010

MAC Hyper Real SPF 15 Foundation NC 400

MAC Hyper Real SPF 15 Foundation NC 400



I've never heard about or of this foundation until someone wanted to swap with me on Makeupalley. I checked out her swaplist & she had lots of MAC foundations & powders in my shade *NC37-NC40*. I had most of them already or tried it. This was the only one I haven't tried. I asked her about it and she described it to me. She told me this "I would say that the hyperreal is a step up and is just a little more mineralized that the mineralized skinfinish..meaning you get a really really glowy look, not fake looking but natural...fantastic for wearing at night if you go clubbing or a nice evening out..i wear mine all day becuase i just love the look and i get complimented on my skin all day :) my complexion hanged so i'm a little lighter now thats why i'm getting rid of my nc400."


When I received it in the mail, I swatched it & fell in loveee with it. Sadly it was Winter & it was slightly too dark on me. I am NC37 during Winter. So it just sat in my traincase until NOW!


I have been using it for 2 weeks now. I've been tanning too so it blends right in. It makes my skin look iridescent. No need for me to apply bronzer...just for contouring only though. The shimmer in this gives me a soft dewy look. Light to Medium coverage but veryy blendable and sheer. It could be build to full coverage but I have a little freckle on my nose so I don't normally go for full coverage.

My skin is Oily/Dry Combo...but more on the dry side. I don't really get oily in the t zone as much as I do with the Studio Fix Fluid as I do with this. Just blotted ONCE and that was it for the day.


I'm soo sad that this is discontinued. I am going to try to find more on Makeupalley. This is my Holy Grail for the season. Seriously. I need to stock up on it b/c I can't find many in the shade NC 400.


Hyper Real Foundation applied with 187 brush







Face: MAC Hyper Real SPF 15 Foundation in NC 400
MAC Dame blush
MAC MSF Refined
NYC Sunny Bronzer for contouring

Eyes: Blanc Type/Romp
Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara
#81 lashes *no brand, from beauty supply store lol*

Lips: MAC Faux Lipstick

8 comments:

TKOmulatta said...

I'm on the search for a HG foundation at the moment... I'm def not happy with my studio fix fluid.. most of the time i use my bare minerals powder... -sigh-


I honestly like both ways you have your eyebrows done. I think you could def. rock either one. The way you usually do them (first pic) is more of a softer more natural look. The second way does look slightly more... i don't know ... done? but i love both looks on you. you have beautiful skin!

D's Beauty Corner said...

I like your brows both ways but I guess it depends on what kind of look you're going for. I think the first picture softens your face and makes you look younger. The second is a bit more dramatic and would be good if you're going to a polished look. Personally, I like the first one better!

Also, I believe they still sell Hyper Real at the pro stores. I remember seeing it there earlier this year! Not completely sure if they do though

J-Ezzy said...

I like both eyebrows, but I really like the second (more for a night out or happy hour).

I've never heard of this foundation, shame it's disco!! :( Looks great on you!

Jennika Krystal said...

I love the new brows!

If you could help me.. I have oily/dry combo skin also. I'm definitely more oily. I want full coverage but I can't find anything that doesn't get my extremely oily. And the things I do are not enough coverage.

What would you recommend in Mac, preferrably a foundation, that gives me SOME sort of help for the oil.. ?

Aninha said...

I think Brun looks sexier :) You are very beautiful btw, and your blog is awesome! I'm gonna follow you now ;)

Maickou said...

heeeey!

I def like both eyebrows as well. first pic is more natural and second is for more of a glammed up look. ah, im so jealous. i wished i had nice eyebrows like yours. mine's all plucked out all ugly. =( i'm on the verge to growing them out.

anywhoot how do you stay stunnin' with two? i can barely handle one. =(

For The Fierce said...

Damn! Sounds like we got ourselves some bullllshit! Why do family members have facebook anyway, as in over 25? Lol nahh but yeah and da bf thing, only listens when they want to. HmmM u must be my long lost twin hahaha I love the 2nd brows best mama!

Hav BwB said...

wow it looks really pretty and natural. I'm mad it's discontinued! I'll just stick w/ my MUFE HD foundation.

Hav @ http://abeautywithbrains.blogspot.com